Many Patch readers were saddened to hear of the demise of a local favorite on Saturday when a fire devastated the Valley Forge Beef & Ale on South Trooper Road in Audubon. Firefighters from several area companies battled the blaze for over four hours.
Despite the extensive damage, Brian Flaxman, owner of the popular eatery and bar, told ABC6 Action News that he wouldn't be writing the business off so easily.
"We're going to try to rebuild, clean it out and see where it's at," Flaxman told Action News.
In the meantime, Flaxman's 25 employees will need to find temp work and locals will need to find a new watering hole. Customers are already expressing their support for Flaxman.
"We want to support him," customer Scott Cannon told Action News. "People will definitely support him coming back."
See the Action News segment about the fire above and read more about firefighters efforts to bring the blaze under control here.
See More on Patch
Most Popular articles
- Missing Skippack Man Found Unharmed
- Police Make Arrest in Public Masturbation Investigation
- Wawa, Chickie's and Pete's Highlight April Health Inspections in Lower Providence Township
- Public Masturbator Spurs Two Police Calls in Eagleville
- Police Investigating Widespread Vandalism to Vehicles over the Weekend