While Lower Providence Patch hasn't quite made it to a year (we launched at the end of July), there have been some popular stories published on the site.
Below is a countdown to the top five most popular stories of 2012 including links to the headline, sub-head and publish date:
5. Recent Lower Providence Health Inspection Reports - Find your favorite spots and see how they fared with their health department inspections (Published Nov. 8).
4. - The toddler is believed to have been abducted from her family's King of Prussia apartment on Monday (Published Oct. 25).
3. Methacton Teacher Arrested for Alleged Illicit Relationship with a Student - Sean Michael McCullough is accused of having sexual relationship with one of his female students at Methacton High School (Published Aug. 16).
2. One Dead at Audubon Water Tower - Second worker taken to Paoli Hospital after three-hour rescue (Published Dec. 5).
1. Saanvi Venna's Body Found - The 10-month-old had been missing since Monday. A family friend has been charged in the murders of the child and her grandmother, who reportedly attacked the would-be kidnapper as he tried to take her granddaughter (Published Oct. 26).
And, here are some big stories just for Lower Providence or some of my personal favorites, linked out in no particular order:
- YMCA at The Club at Shannondell Proposed - Many residents spoke in favor of having a new state-of-the-art YMCA, just not in Audubon's The Club at Shannondell (Published July 27).
- Methacton School Board Discusses MHS Field Improvements Update - Methacton School District superintendent Dr. Timothy Quinn presented a document containing conditional field use as drafted by the district and neighboring Worcester residents (Published Oct. 17).
- LowPro Sewer Authority Responds to Rising Rates and Interceptor Dispute - The Lower Providence Sewer Authority discussed the expected LPVRSA rate increase and recent accusations by neighboring municipalities over the Township’s opposition to a proposed Middle Interceptor. (Published Oct. 12)
- Big Plans in Store for Ridge Pike West Revitalization - The Lower Providence Planning Commission sets a vision for a corridor of Ridge Pike that may lead to the creation of ‘Evansburg West’. (Published July 26)
- Viewfinder: Last Snow Day of 2012 - Many families in and out of the township gathered to have some wintry fun at Eagleville Park on Dec. 30 (Published Dec. 31).
- Worcester Elementary Holds First Cancer Awareness Day - The event included teacher donations to Locks of Love and a school-wide donation to Alex’s Lemonade stand. (Published Oct. 22).