2013 West Norriton Sunday Coed Softball League Meeting Itinerary
January 27, 2013 1pm @ Chap's Taproom in Jeffersonville - http://chapstap.com/
Open to West Norriton residents as well as non-resident adults. Registration will be taken until March 1, 2013 on a team basis.
League fee: $520 per team (includes cost of umpires).
Non-profit, ASA affiliated.
We also have an All-Star Game and Homerun Derby!
Games are played on Sundays from April through early August, late morning through mid afternoon at Padden Park (Burnside and Oakland), Heels Field, Stanbridge Street Park (East Norriton), Norristown High School, Stewart Middle School.
For more information, call George Gibson at (610) 539-5226 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
We project having at least as many teams as last year. If we have 22 teams or less, we will probably have 2 divisions. If we have more, it will be 3 divisions. Divisions will be decided upon with competitive balance in mind. Since Chaps won their division, they will move up to a higher division.
Heels (on days when not in use)
Norristown High School (use 65’ bases)
Stewart Middle School (use 65’ bases)
State Hospital (probably need help raking that field)
All-Star Game / Homerun Derby @ East Norriton
- The league will reschedule all makeup games for rainouts, which may result in shuffling of the schedule to avoid split doubleheaders. Teams will be responsible for rescheduling games that they caused to be rescheduled.
- Do not practice on fields after a game has been rained out or canceled.
- We don’t have a grace period. Start the game as scheduled or within a few minutes after the other team is finished. (Extra time is allowed for teams traveling from another field between games of a doubleheader).
Accidental Insurance costs an additional $96 per team. If someone on your team does not have health insurance, you are STRONGLY advised to purchase accidental insurance. This is EXCESS insurance and only comes into play after you have utilized your personal, group medical insurance, or any health benefit plan, first. If you have no other applicable insurance, this policy will pay on a PRIMARY basis.
Beef and Beer
After looking around at various venues in the area, so far we haven’t found a place that would make it worth our while to have one. If anyone has ideas, we’re open to them.
- In response to requests for a rule governing playoff rosters, to be eligible for the playoffs, players must play half of the games.
- Sign-in sheets must be filled out prior to every game. We did it in the fall, and it didn’t seem to present a problem. It’s either that or teams would have to have their scorebook signed by the umpire and send it in.
- Rosters must be completely filled out prior to first game. Name, address and phone number. First and last names (but no other info) will be published on the site.
- Rosters may not be changed after game 3, except for season-ending injuries and special circumstances (as deemed by league).
- As before, our league will allow only A.S.A. APPROVED SINGLE-WALL ALUMINUM BATS: http://www.asasoftball.com/about/getBatsByBatType.asp
Bats must be stamped with the A.S.A certification mark. If it's on the A.S.A approved single-wall list and has an ASA official stamp, you can use it in our league.
- If a bat is not on the ASA approved single-wall list and stamped with the A.S.A certification mark, it can not - under any circumstances - be used in league play.
- We are not stickering bats.
- Previously, the outside-the-park homerun rule at Heels, East Norriton and Patty Simons was 3 per game, max. This year, we’ll use the 1 up homerun rule. The rule is as follows: If Team 1 hits a homerun (over the fence) they cannot hit another homerun until Team 2 hits a homerun. Each time Team 1 hits a homerun prior to Team 2 hitting homerun will be an out. Team 2 has the opportunity to hit 2 homeruns (1 to even homeruns and an additional to go 1 up) before an out is called.
- Intentional walk – just call it – no need to throw pitches.
- We will also be expanding our mercy rule.
a. 15 runs after 4 innings
b. 10 runs after 5 innings (already in place)
- Additional EH, if it’s a female.
Please note that as before, only females can pinch hit for females. If a female has to leave the game for any reason and cannot be replaced, her spot in the lineup becomes and automatic out.
- If a team begins the game short of players, arriving players may be inserted into the game immediately – lowest slot in the batting order (or into the lowest automatic out slot if it’s a girl).
District 14 (Montgomery County) Coed Tournament
We are working on this, and hopefully it will come to fruition.